LAST UPDATED July 2017.
Our Manufacturers are independent business entities and are not in any way related to the City Motors Group and may have different Privacy Policies to ours. Please refer to Section (10) for details.
1. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THE CITY MOTORS GROUP COLLECTS AND HOLDS
In general, the type of personal information the City Motors Group collects and holds includes, but is not limited to; names, addresses, contact details (e.g. phone number, mobile number, email), occupations, vehicle details, driver’s license details and other information that will assist in the provision of our products and/or services. Further financial information may be required if you apply for Finance through our Group.
2. HOW THE CITY MOTORS GROUP COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Provide the City Motors Group with your personal information and/or contact details;
- Order or purchase the City Motors Group products and/or services;
- Trade-In or sell your vehicle directly to the City Motors Group;
- Enquire on a City Motors Group product and/or services;
- Enter your personal information on the City Motors Group website;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion run by the City Motors Group;
- Interact with the City Motors Group through any social media platform; and
- If you contact the City Motors Group, the City Motors Group may also keep a record of that contact.
The City Motors Group will only collect additional personal information with your consent.
3. THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH THE CITY MOTORS GROUP COLLECTS, HOLDS, USES AND DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances for which we collect it. In general, we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it and related purposes which you would reasonably expect, for purposes which you consent, and otherwise authorized or required by law. Specific purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information include:
- To respond to your enquiries about our vehicles, parts, accessories, services or offers.
- To process sales orders, finance applications and administer accounts, warranty records and/or vehicle service recovery.
- To deliver a vehicle, product or service (or items related to these products and services) to your defined address.
- To attend to or assist in the servicing or repair of your vehicle, including the provision of additional warranty and roadside assist services.
- To carry out our legal compliance obligations.
- To send you service or warranty reminders.
- To contact you if you are a winner of a City Motors Group trade promotion or competition that you enter.
- To consider your application if you apply for a job at the City Motors Group.
The City Motors Group may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as sending you mail, emails or newsletters with details of new products and/or services, event invites, special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You can contact us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing material. All electronic means of marketing will include an unsubscribe button, which will permanently remove you from all future communications.
4. CONSEQUENCES IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If the City Motors Group is unable to collect the personal information required, we may not be able to do business with you or the organization with which you are connected; or advise you of information in relation our products, event invites, services and/or offers.
- As an authorized and accredited dealership Group, the City Motors Group may share your personal information with our Manufacturers, including; Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific, Hyundai Motor Company Australia, Honda Australia, and Isuzu UTE Australia.
- Our related and affiliated companies within the City Motors Group.
- Our associated Financial Organizations whom may provide, or administer
- Selected employees, contractors, service providers and agents (such as marketing, mailing and printing agencies, IT suppliers, financiers and insurance providers).
- Our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors, and other professional advisors.
- Any third parties to whom you direct or permit us to disclose your personal information.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
Your provision to us, or our Manufacturers, of your personal information will constitute your consent for us to disclose this information as described in this Section 5 and Section 6 below.
The City Motors Group will take all reasonable commercial steps to ensure our service providers keep your personal information confidential, not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing their role for us, and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH).
If you post or enter information into certain parts of our website or to our social media platforms, you acknowledge that such information may be publically available. It is recommended that you use your own discretion in deciding what information or content to post or upload to such sites.
6. DISCLOSURE OVERSEAS
The City Motors Group is not likely to disclose personal information to overseas countries, however please refer to individual manufacturer websites, as listed in Section 10, for policies related to the sharing of personal information to overseas countries.
7. STORAGE AND SECURITY
The City Motors Group understands that the security of your personal information is important, and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, to the extent permitted by law we exclude liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorized access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information.
Personal information held by us is stored within secured premises by the City Motors Group and our related companies and/or manufacturers. These storage facilities have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure.
8. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may seek access to your personal information which we hold about you and we will provide you with access in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH). We may require that you provide suitable identification for security purposes before allowing you to access your personal information. We may also charge an access fee to cover the reasonable costs of retrieving the information and supplying it to you. Access to your personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where access poses a health or safety risk, the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access or either frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will give you reasons why this access has been denied.
9. OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The City Motors Group website, and other manufacturer microsites operated by the City Motors Group, may contain links to websites owned or operated by external third parties. We take no responsibility for the privacy practices or content of these other websites. These other websites may contain their own privacy policies and their owners or operators are responsible for information you about their security and privacy practices. We recommend that you thoroughly read the privacy policies of both our manufacturer sites, manufacturer microsites, and other external third part websites.
10. LINKS, COOKIES AND USE OF THE CITY MOTORS GROUP WEBSITE
For your convenience, the privacy policies of each of our manufacturers are listed below for your reference:
Hyundai Motor Company Australia
Isuzu UTE Australia
The City Motors Group may use technology such as "cookies". The use of "cookies" is an industry standard, and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use the City Motors Group website. A "cookie" is a small data element stored by your web browser on your computer system. The City Motors Group website "cookies" do not store your email address or other personal information about you.
We use this technology to generate statistics and measure website activity to improve the usefulness of customer visits. During normal website usage we do not collect or store personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address or phone number.
Each time you access our website, our server may deliver certain customized information, including ads, to you based on the data stored in your cookie. Third party vendors may show our ads on websites on the Internet and serve these ads based on a user's prior visits to our website and other Internet activity. The City Motors Group may also use analytics data supplied by third party vendors to inform and optimize our advert campaigns.
11. CONTACT DETAILS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or concerns about the way your personal information is managed and used by us, or are concerned that Privacy Laws as per the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH) have been breached, please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer.
The City Motors Group takes its compliance with privacy obligations seriously. We will ensure that your complaint or enquiry is registered with us, and may request that you provide the complaint to us in writing. The Privacy Officer will ensure that the complaint if referred to the right people within our organization to investigate and respond. Any response or action will be notified to you as soon as is practice, however please allow up to 14 days.
The contact details of the Privacy Officer are as follows:
The Privacy Officer
Wollongong City Motors Pty | Shellharbour City Motors Pty (“City Motors Group”(
Corner of Station and Flinders Streets, North Wollongong NSW 2500
Phone: 02 4222 7900
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.